Please submit a 100-200 word paragraph outlining why you would be suited to your selected role and what you can bring to the society.
Please email your replies to Yusuf Mirza (President) at: email@example.com
The Treasurer is responsible for the society's budget including income and outgoings.
- Working closely with the President and the Vice-President in liaising with external organisations in the pursuit of sponsorships and additional funding.
- To be the signatory on outgoings for any other member of the committee or to external agencies. You must keep a detailed monetary record/ledger.
- Working closely with the Marketing and Events Officers in sourcing supplies and services.
It would be beneficial (but it is not mandatory) to have financial experience as the role bearer is expected to maintain accurate financial records and predicted budgets.
2: Marketing Officers (Multiple Positions Available)
The Marketing Officers are responsible for advertising the society and our events, as well as encourage participation and attendance.
- They will design/produce online marketing materials, posters and leaflets.
- They run our FB, twitter, LinkedIn and prospective website.
- They are expected to keep our social media presence regular and up to date.
It would be beneficial (but it is not mandatory) to have web design and/or marketing campaign experience.
3: Current Affairs Officer
The Current Affairs Officer is responsible for publishing the Society’s monthly newsletter (both online and printed), and organising our fortnightly discussion meetings offered to our Members.
- Screening, editing and publishing article submissions (from our Members and/or our Committee) on a variety of contemporary commercial, political and legal issues for the monthly newsletter and weekly commercial news ‘round up’.
- He will organise and decide on the topic of our fortnightly discussion meetings.
- He will research and invite potential guest speakers.
Playing a key role in our discussion meetings and being given authority to produce documents or other forms of media (i.e. Podcasts) to accompany the publication of the newsletter.
4: Event Officers (Multiple Positions Available)
The Event Officers oversee the logistics of organising events within the Society.
- Event Management - Responsible for booking venues, ensuring that food and drinks are of a satisfactory standard and well served at our events, as well as organising other social events. *
- Responsible for carrying out risk assessments and recruiting volunteers if needed.
- They will formulate event plans which can be shared with other Committee Members, external agencies (including venue managers) and society members in general.
- They will work closely with the Marketing Officers to promote events and with the Treasurer to produce event budgets and sign off expenditure.
*They should ensure the comfort of attendees, which may include arranging suitable catering options (if food is provided at our events).
They should be outgoing, social and be able to stimulate engagement at our events.