While we are eager to welcome you back to study with us, to use the centre you will need to show that you have taken a COVID-19 test in the last 7 days, and it has come back negative. This is required even if you have received a vaccine.
If you have symptoms of Covid-19
If you do have symptoms you should go to https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/ or call 119 and get a test through the NHS. Do not come to site if you develop new Covid symptoms after taking your last test.
If you do not have symptoms of Covid-19
You can get a test through asymptomatic community testing programmes.
Given the distances our students travel, the Department for Education has encouraged us to use ‘home’ local authority sites as a first choice.
Several local authorities have asymptomatic testing centres. Find out if the area where you live offers rapid lateral flow test sites at https://www.gov.uk/find-covid-19-lateral-flow-test-site
If you are unable to book a test through your local authority, here are some other local options:
- What happens if my result is positive?
- What support can BPP offer me through self-isolation?
- I take lateral flow tests at home. Can I use these?
- I have recently recovered from COVID, and am getting false positives from Lateral Flow Tests. Can I still come to centre?
- I have been vaccinated, do I still need a test?
- Yes. Until we know more about how vaccines work, we are asking that you take a Covid-19 test before coming to centre