The BPP Students’ Association recognise that the Covid-19 public health crisis is having a large impact on students’ day to day lives. In response we have set up this Covid-19 Crisis Fund to offer short term financial support to those students who are in despite need. The Covid-19 Crisis Fund is a limited source of financial support for students who, due to circumstances related to Covid-19, are in severe financial difficulties.
The fund has very limited resources and any grant of award will be modest and with the sole aim of providing short-term emergency support. The fund is not being offered to provide ongoing or regular support to any student. Additionally, it is not designed to enable students to start a course of study or to assist those who have not prepared themselves financially to begin their course.
Therefore, awards will be given in the form of vouchers to UK supermarkets to allow students to purchase food and other emergency supplies. The awards will not be given in a cash alternative. The award will not usually exceed a maximum of £50.
Who is not eligible to apply?
- Those who are not currently registered students of BPP University.
- Those who are seeking to cover long term costs (examples include credit card bills, and outstanding debt).
- Those who have other finances available to them through savings accounts or other means.
How to apply?
Complete the Covid-19 Crisis Fund Application Form, together with any supporting documentary evidence, and send it to our Student Association team at email@example.com
What evidence is required?
- 3 months of bank statements for all accounts available to the student up until the date of applying
- A fully completed application form.
- Students on a Tier IV Visa seeking funds must provide evidence that they had made adequate arrangements to support themselves and pay their tuition and accommodation fees before they came to University, and that these arrangements have been affected by unforeseen circumstances, or events beyond their control.
- Evidence of any sponsorship/scholarship/bursary/grants/benefits received (including Student Finance England Award letters if eligible.
- Any other mitigating circumstance evidence to support your application
Once your application is submitted, together with all supporting evidence, it will be considered by the Association Representatives.
We will usually acknowledge all applications within 3 working days. A decision will be reached once all the correct information has been provided.
Download the Covid-19 Crisis Fund Application here*
*Please note that ONLY applicants submitting Crisis Fund requests using the new application form will be considered. All applicants using the old application form will be asked to resubmit their request using the new form. This can be accessed via the link above.