4. Official Letter Requests

Guidance on obtaining bank, status, council tax and other letters.
Guidance on obtaining bank, status, council tax and other letters.

All letters are requested through the student query form on your student portal (VLE Query or Hub Query)

Below you will find information on the different types of letters you can request and which department deal with these request.


Type of Letter Department
Status Student Administration
Bank Student Administration
Council Tax Exemption Student Administration
Schengen International Student Advice
Short Term Study Visa International Student Advice
Acceptance Student Administration
Confirmation of Completion Assessments
Holiday / Term Time

University Student Support Team (Business & Nursing school)

Student Administration (all others schools)


Please note, that Bank, Status and Council Tax Letters are now automatically generated by our systems. We have produced a multipurpose letter which has the same layout and can be used for each of these letter types. Therefore, if you find that there is incorrect information presented on these letters then please contact us as soon as possible. You can do this by replying within 24 hours of receiving the email and letter. If 24 hours have passed, please create a student query form and choose “Letter requests - My letter details are Incorrect - Student Records” to request for the amendment of details presented on the document.