Get 30% off the price of adult–rate Travelcards and Bus & Tram Pass season tickets.
If you are 18 or over, live at a London address during term time and in full-time education, you may be eligible for an 18+ Student Oyster Photocard.
How do I apply?
To apply for the 18+ Student Oyster Card please click here and create a web account by selecting 18+ Student Oyster photocard.
To make the application you will need;
- A colour, digital photo to upload
- Your student reference number starting with “BP”
- Your course start and end dates
- A credit or debit card to pay the £20.00 fee
- An active email address
Am I eligible to apply for a 18+ Student Oyster photocard?
In order to apply for a Student Oyster Card you must be living in the Greater London area during term time and meet one of the following eligibility criteria;
- Enrolled on a full-time course with at least 15 tuition-led or structured learning hours a week. You must attend classes Monday to Friday only (not including evening classes) that span a minimum of 14 weeks on the same course (shorter courses repeated over 14 or more weeks are not eligible)
- Receiving an NHS Bursary as a full-time student. You must give your school, college or university evidence of your sponsorship so they can validate your application
- Full-time postgraduate student, studying or writing up to more than 15 hours a week
For further information on eligibility criteria for the 18+ Student Oyster Card, please visit the TfL website by clicking here
When does my 18+ Student Oyster photocard expire?
Your 18+ Student Oyster photocard expires when your course ends.
If you have any questions regarding applying for the Oyster Card or having issues applying please contact our oyster team via your student portal (VLE or Hub) and choose type ‘Registration and enrolment’.